Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chipboard Purse

Hi Everyone,
So yesterday for some reason I miss posting this project. The inspiration came from a purse I had gotten from my hubby when we were first dating.  I love going to see local artist and their work.  We had attended an art showcase where we met this wonderful designer Debbie Brooks from NY her art was put on purses. I just love the story behind the artist. She originally designed theses purses for celebrities and 50% of the proceeds were going towards women's breast cancer. My boyfriend (hubby) at the time said if you love it I will buy it for you. Besides we will be helping a great cause. Well of course I was sold.  It has been over 11 years since that day. I remember moving back to Irvine, CA from Tracy, CA and unpacking our personals and notice a box of my winter purses were missing. I was just sick and sadden at the same time that my treasure was lost. All I could think was maybe it got put in the donation boxes before we left. I had forgotten all about it until I was in our attic looking for something when I came across a box that had my winter purses(weird to have found it after 2 1/2 yrs.).  Well packed inside another purse was my little treasure. I was shouting with happiness she had been found.

Here is a picture of my art purse and a picture of my scrapbook purse I made the other day. Although my purse is not animated like Debbie's the intent was to make the shape similar. However in the future I will do another one in pink. But that's for another day. Enjoy and please feel free to leave a comment. TFL.


                                          Artist-Debbie Brooks of New York






No comments:

Post a Comment